Help With Getting A Job
Rutland Adult Learning & Skills Service (RALS)
Based at Oakham Enterprise Park, Rutland Adult Learning & Skills Service (RALS) offer:
- apprenticeships and work based qualifications
- classroom based qualifications in English, maths, accounting and ICT
- leisure courses in arts and languages
- employability and life skills at beginner levels.
View the RALS course guide here
For further information, visit their website: www.ralss.org.uk
Advice Sessions in Oakham Library
Job Centre Plus (appointment only)
These sessions are run by Stamford Job Centre and are open to anyone claiming benefits. Tuesdays fortnightly 9.30am - 1.30pm at Oakham Library (in the Activity Room).
Contact Stamford Job Centre for an appointment on 0345 604 3719
National Careers Service
National Careers Service Sessions formerly ran on the first Friday of the month at Oakham Library. These are no longer running at the library as of 7th June 2019, but you can still book an appointment with a careers advisor in Rutland.
National Careers Service advisors provide 1-2-1 careers advice and guidance to help you make the right decisions about your future working life, and help you to access specially designed tools to help you move on in your career. The service is FREE, confidential and focused on the needs of the individual.
For ages 19+, you can be employed and you don't need to be on benefits.
Advice is available on:
- Finding the right career path for you;
- Making plans to help you achieve your goals;
- Accessubg the training or education you may need and finding funding for that training where necessary;
- Finding a job, including: building the right CV for you, the best ways to approach the job market, and interview techniques and preparation;
- Using online tools available to help you.
Contact Wendy Webb on 07483120947 or email email@example.com
Citizens Advice Bureau
Click here for advice on tax credits, maternity benefits, better off in work calculations and childcare cost.
Rutland Information Service (RIS)
The Rutland Information Service (RIS) holds a wide range of information about children's services and registered childcare including Childminders, Creche, Holiday Schemes, Nurseries, Out of School Clubs, Pre-schools/Playgroups and non-registered Parent and Toddler groups. Visit their website here