Click to view Job Vacancies
For information regarding services and activities at Rutland Libraries, please visit their website here
Futures is held on the 1st Friday of the month from 9:30 am- 3pm at Oakham Library, LE15 6HW.
Customer criteria is 18 years of age and in receipt of benefit or 19 years+ regardless of benefit.
Customers might include:
- UC/ JSA/ ESA/ IS Claimants
- Lone Parents
- Parents looking to return to the workplace
- customers transitioning between ESA and JSA or UC
- Execs, following redundancy, Graduates etc.
The following can be supported with;
- Careers advice and guidance
- Skills gap analysis and skills identification – National Careers Service Skills Health Check or Buzz Test
- Confidence building and self-marketing
- Job search skills
- Customers transitioning from ESA to JSA
- Interview skills coaching
- CV critique
- Advice and guidance on course/learning searches and funding
- Career change due to ill health or change in circumstances
- How to pitch to an employer
- Skills employers look for when recruiting
- How to address barriers to work
Click here for advice on tax credits, maternity benefits, better off in work calculations and childcare cost.
Rutland Information Service (RIS)
The Rutland Information Service (RIS) holds a wide range of information about children's services and registered childcare including Childminders, Creche, Holiday Schemes, Nurseries, Out of School Clubs, Pre-schools/Playgroups and non-registered Parent and Toddler groups. Visit their website here