Search and apply for full or part-time jobs in Great Britain and abroad via the Jobcentre Plus website
To view Rutland County Council vacancies, please click here
Rutland Adult Learning & Skills service (rals)
Based at Oakham Enterprise Park, Rutland Adult Learning & Skills Service (RALS) offer:
- apprenticeships and work based qualifications
- classroom based qualifications in English, maths, accounting and ICT
- leisure courses in arts and languages
- employability and life skills at beginner levels.
View the RALS course guide here
For further information, visit their website: www.rals.org.uk
For information regarding services and activities at Rutland Libraries, please visit their website here
Futures will be starting delivery in Oakham from November, they will be coming on the 1st Friday of the month from 9:30 am- 3pm at the Oakham Library.
Customer criteria is 18 years of age and in receipt of benefit or 19 years+ regardless of benefit.
Customers might include:
- UC/ JSA/ ESA/ IS Claimants
- Lone Parents
- Parents looking to return to the workplace
- customers transitioning between ESA and JSA or UC
- Execs, following redundancy, Graduates etc.
The following can be supported with;
- Careers advice and guidance
- Skills gap analysis and skills identification – National Careers Service Skills Health Check or Buzz Test
- Confidence building and self-marketing
- Job search skills
- Customers transitioning from ESA to JSA
- Interview skills coaching
- CV critique
- Advice and guidance on course/learning searches and funding
- Career change due to ill health or change in circumstances
- How to pitch to an employer
- Skills employers look for when recruiting
- How to address barriers to work
Click here for advice on tax credits, maternity benefits, better off in work calculations and childcare cost.
Rutland Information Service (RIS)
The Rutland Information Service (RIS) holds a wide range of information about children's services and registered childcare including Childminders, Creche, Holiday Schemes, Nurseries, Out of School Clubs, Pre-schools/Playgroups and non-registered Parent and Toddler groups. Visit their website here